EsophyX Device: Innovative Technology Making Transoral Reconstructive Surgery Possible
The EsophyX device is designed to reconstruct the gastroesophageal valve (GEV) and help restore the GEV’s function as a reflux barrier. It is used to perform the TIF® procedure — Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication — by enabling the creation of a 2-3 cm, 270° esophagogastric fundoplication. The device is a fastener delivery system and utilizes proprietary tissue manipulating elements to deploy approximately 20 SerosaFuse fasteners. A flexible video endoscope is inserted into the central lumen of the EsophyX device to provide direct visualization throughout the TIF procedure.
- Helical Retractor
- Engages and retracts tissue
- Anchors gastroesophageal junction during fundoplication
- Stows/locks safely inside tissue mold during insertion and removal
- Tissue Mold and Chassis
- Plicates and compresses tissue
- Rotates fundus around esophagus to create partial wrap
- Suctions tissue circumferentially
- Reduces small hiatal hernia
- Facilitates proper position of fundoplication caudal to diaphragm
- Stylets and SerosaFuse® Fasteners
- Transect apposed tissues
- Fasteners maintain tissue compression throughout healing process
There are two models of EsophyX devices — EsophyX2 HD and EsophyX Z — that offer full compatibility with standard, HD and low profile endoscope models from all major suppliers.
For more information about the EsophyX technology platform, contact us.