SerosaFuse fasteners are made of non-resorbable polypropylene and have equivalent web strength to a 3-0 suture. The material is durable, non-absorbable, and biocompatible, minimizing local inflammation and allowing natural GI tissue repair.
The SerosaFuse fasteners are deployed by the EsophyX devices to facilitate esophagogastric tissue plications and are available in two web lengths to accommodate a range of tissue thickness.
Advantages of the SerosaFuse Fastener Design
Features and benefits of the fastener design include the following:
- The trailing leg acts as a stop when deployed against tissue and disassociates the leading leg from a stylet under load.
- The slotted leading leg allows accurate and repeatable fastener placement. This gives users the ability to tailor constructs for a variety of anatomic surgical needs.
- The leading leg contains a C-shaped slot that allows the fastener to be loaded onto the EsophyX device stylet and subsequently through a delivery lumen.
- The tapered leading leg enables atraumatic tissue dilation. It also minimizes tissue trauma and iatrogenic defects to mucosal epithelium, allowing tissue to heal properly.
- The interconnecting web allows the device to transverse multiple tissue layers of varying thickness. It dynamically compresses a wide range of tissue thicknesses and allows consistent loading and fusion of apposed serosal layers.
- The polypropylene material is durable, non-absorbable, and biocompatible, minimizing local inflammation and allowing normal GI tissue repair.
- The low profile geometry avoids undue prominence. This geometry enables healing and migration of mucosal epithelium to protect submucosa and muscularis from long-term digestive milieu.
SerosaFuse Fasteners – Specifications
For more information about the EsophyX and SerosaFuse technologies, contact us.