The SerosaFuse fasteners are deployed by the EsophyX devices to facilitate esophagogastric tissue plications and are available in two web lengths to accommodate a range of tissue thickness.
Advantages of the SerosaFuse Fastener Design
Features and benefits of the fastener design include the following:
- The trailing leg acts as a stop when deployed against tissue and disassociates the leading leg from a stylet under load.
- The slotted leading leg allows accurate and repeatable fastener placement. This gives users the ability to tailor constructs for a variety of anatomic surgical needs.
- The leading leg contains a C-shaped slot that allows the fastener to be loaded onto the EsophyX device stylet and subsequently through a delivery lumen.
- The tapered leading leg enables atraumatic tissue dilation. It also minimizes tissue trauma and iatrogenic defects to mucosal epithelium, allowing tissue to heal properly.
- The interconnecting web allows the device to transverse multiple tissue layers of varying thickness. It dynamically compresses a wide range of tissue thicknesses and allows consistent loading and fusion of apposed serosal layers.
- The polypropylene material is durable, non-absorbable, and biocompatible, minimizing local inflammation and allowing normal GI tissue repair.
- The low profile geometry avoids undue prominence. This geometry enables healing and migration of mucosal epithelium to protect submucosa and muscularis from long-term digestive milieu.
SerosaFuse Fasteners – Specifications
For more information about the EsophyX and SerosaFuse technologies, contact us.